We’re looking for Backend Developers passionate about building digital products and solving real world problems.
LET'S SEE WHAT THIS ROLE IS ALL ABOUT!
- Developing backend for digital products (PHP, Symfony)
- Maintaining high quality standards, aligned with company’s guidelines (tech stack, performance, architecture, clean and high quality code)
- Improve other team members’ coding abilities through code review, internal educations and discussions, as well as by sharing external resources
- Proactively implement new processes into the company and improve the existing ones
- Cooperate with other team members (front-end, mobile, QA, design, product) to deliver value to our partners
WHO WE ARE?
The mission of Bornfight is to build and scale digital products that help people achieve continuous and repeatable success.
We are a venture building company, partnering with early-stage start-ups and entrepreneurs to build successful companies. Combining the flexibility and speed of a small company with resources and development opportunities of a large organization allows us to accelerate ideas into scalable businesses and create value for our partners and employees. We are a team of 80+ professionals dedicated to building solutions for problems and inefficiencies across different industries and creating a platform that drives our success.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- At least 2 years of work experience as a backend web developer
- Strong knowledge of OOP and clean code practices
- Strong knowledge of PHP and SQL databases
- Experience in creating and consuming APIs
- Good knowledge of git
- Good communication skills
- A team-player attitude
- A problem-solver attitude
- Good self-organization & researching ability
TECHNOLOGIES/TOOLS WE USE
- PHP, MySQL, Symfony, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Codeception
- API, Headless
- Git, AWS, Github Actions
- Github, Google Workspace, Slack, Jira
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- A fixed gross salary of 18.300 to 25.800 HRK (mid-level) or 25,800 to 36,800+ HRK (senior)
- Flexible working hours and flexible work location
- Top-notch equipment - a Macbook Pro, an extra screen, an ergonomic chair, a phone of your choice (iPhone or Android) to be used freely for private purposes
- Xmas bonus (2.000,00 kuna), Easter bonus (500,00 kuna), holiday bonus (500,00 kuna)
- A minimum of 24 vacation days (growing with tenure and parent status to up to 30)
- For parents - extra vacation days, a 4.000,00 kuna net baby bonus, days off for first kindergarten/elementary school days for both parents, baby gifts
- When in the office - a pet-friendly workspace including a library, as well as unlimited amounts of coffee, tea, fruits, and snacks
- Depending on what you drive, co-financed garage or bike space
- Company-organized carwash - just pay and leave your keys, and your cleaned car will be waiting for you
- Free legal, tax, and psychological counsel
- 100% paid Multisport card and additional health insurance
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE:
We’re a growing company with multiple products, which in our case means opportunities for both vertical and horizontal professional growth. After going through a structured onboarding and education process you get to use up to €1500,00 annually (depending on seniority level) for individual learning & development purposes. You’ll continuously work on your progress with your manager, through weekly 1:1s, monthly Quality Time meetings, and Growth Conversations.
When you join us, we'll set up your personal framework for achieving rapid professional growth - You'll get transparent access to business information, and the power to propose, implement and spearhead new ideas and initiatives. We'll enable you to achieve continuous and ever-growing success, while shaping the way we all move forward.
Have we piqued your interest yet? Start your application and let’s talk!